Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gauntlet progress

Once I got the curved pieces formed for the gauntlets, I went to work building up the rest.  Here's where I am with the left one at the moment:

This is a little rough to look at now, but it's all coming together.  I'm going to have to mess around with the underside by reshaping it.  I also think I'll take the inside layer out and add some thin styrene to make it less bulky.  All these little pieces were cut and glued together with PVC glue.  Once I cut out the templates and taped them together into a 3-D model, I could see what the overall shape and relationships were.  That made cutting and building decisions a lot easier.  It looks like the right gauntlet will be a bit easier.  And after these, the armor should be a lot easier.