Monday, September 22, 2008
Outer Feet Details, Finishing, and Primer
Next step was to fashion the little detail panels that mount along with the half moons on the foot shells. Like many of the other details, I could have bought these. But they were really easy to make. Again I used 1/8" expanded cell PVC sheet, cut the pieces, sanded them a bit, and then mounted them with PVC cement. I did some sanding here and there, a little trimming, and filled a few gaps with some putty, then put on a coat of primer. The results are really starting to look like R2. I'm happy with the feet, and I am happy with the difficult task of getting those bottom skirts with the slots done right. I'll be setting these aside for a while until it's time for more painting.